Commitment to Community
Know Your Legal Rights When Encountering the Police
hosted by the DeKalb Lawyers Association
Thursday, August 28th 7 P.M. LIVE STREAM
Police Brutality in Our Community:
Tips & Strategies from Attorney Mawuli Davis (Mike Brown)
Love From Afar Mother Daughter Brunch
THE CONSEQUENCES OF THUG LIFE by Attorney Mawuli Mel Davis
Thursday August 21st, 2014 7:00pm – 9:00pm
Prince Hall Grand Lodge Building 7340 Old National Hwy, College Park GA 30296
AUGUST 23rd “BABY BOU BOU FUNDRAISER”
If you can not attend, please make a donation at www.justiceandprayersforboubou.org
ARRIVE ALIVE! 10am – 4pm
FREE Family Fun and Friendly Activities while Learning How to Arrive Alive!
Parents Against Distracted Driving (P.A.D.D.)
Aaron Sales and Lease
3657 Memorial Dr., Decatur GA 30032
Open to the Public
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Anana Parris
Director of Operations & Community Affairs
Davis Bozeman Law Firm, P.C.
4153-B Flat Shoals Pkwy Suite 204
Decatur, GA 30034
Phone: (404) 244-2004
Fax: (404) 244-2020
“RESPECT BLACK LIFE: I AM TRAYVON MARTIN” MARCH TO BEGIN AT SANKOFA UNITED CHURCH OF CHRIST AND ENDING AT THE CNN CENTER MONDAY, JULY 15, 2013 STARTING AT 7PM TO TAKE A STAND IN THE NAME OF VALUING THE LIVES OF BLACK CHILDREN
July 14, 2013, Atlanta, Georgia — Rev. Derrick Rice, Derrick Boazman, Attorney Mawuli Mel Davis and the brothers of Let Us Make Man announce the “Respect Black Life: I am Trayvon Martin” March Monday, July 15, 2013 at 7:00pm beginning at Sankofa United Church of Christ 150 James P. Brawley Dr., Atlanta, GA 30314 and ending at the CNN Center.
“We unfortunately cannot expect a system designed to create 3/5 of a human legislation, share cropping, Jim Crow laws, separate but equal policies, COINTELPRO, poll taxes and the new Jim Crow laws to be a primary vehicle for freedom, justice and equality. These weren’t made to free you. We should participate in the system yes, but we must supplement it.” – Rev. Derrick Rice, Sankofa United Church of Christ
“At this march, we will walk with our children and make it clear to the world that black children’s lives matter.– Attorney Mawuli Mel Davis, Davis Bozeman Law Firm
Invited guests include Reverend Derrick Rice, Derrick Boazman of WAOK 1380, Attorney Mawuli Mel Davis of the Davis Bozeman Law Firm, Senator Vincent Fort, Tashiya Umoja of the Malcolm X Grassroots Movement, The Center for African Self Determination, State Representative Able Mable Thomas, Current AUC student organizers, activist Lonnie King, NAACP and The People’s Therapy Fund. The march organizers ask that the attendees bring their sonsand daughters.
To learn more about the march please contact Reverend Derrick Rice at (404) 590-0996 or email email@example.com
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
“RESPECT BLACK LIFE: I AM TRAYVON MARTIN” RALLY PLANNED FOR FRIDAY TO GIVE A VOICE TO THE FRUSTRATIONS OF THE TRAYVON MARTIN TRIAL
July 11, 2013, Atlanta, Georgia — Derrick Boazman, The Davis Bozeman Law Firm and the brothers of Let Us Make Man announce the “Respect Black Life: I am Trayvon Martin” Rally this Friday, July 12, 2013 at 7:00pm at the Iconium Baptist Church 542 Moreland Avenue, Atlanta GA 30316.
“While we wait on the verdict out of Florida we must affirm that all Black Life sacred, special and important! Come hear what you must do to save our sons and daughters. Together we shall win!” – Derrick Boazman
“Now more than ever we need to make sure the world knows that the lives of our children matter and we all should be required to respect Black life. This rally gives us a way to voice our frustrations and affirm the lives of our children.” – Attorney Mawuli Mel Davis
Guest speakers include Derrick Boazman of WAOK 1380, Attorney Mawuli Mel Davis of the Davis Bozeman Law Firm and Reverend Timothy McDonald of First Iconium Baptist Church . The rally organizers ask that the attendees bring their sons.
To learn more about the rally please contact Anana Parris at (404) 446-2839 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Send A Message of Support to Lil’ Scrappy
Send your email to email@example.com
The Right To Defend Your Home
A Legal Perspective by The Davis Bozeman Law Firm www.davisbozeman.com
In recent weeks there have been several violent home invasions in the Atlanta Metro Area. Community members have requested that our firm provide information regarding a person’s right to defend their places of residence from intruders. The question often asked is “can I shoot someone if they break into my house”. CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ABOUT YOUR RIGHTS AND WHAT YOU SHOULD DO.
A.I.M. HOME INVASION PROTECTION PLANNING
A.I.M. Arms In Motion, Investigator Rashid McCall (678) 956-1606 firstname.lastname@example.org Services Include Home Invasion Protection Plan Development
- Mental Preparation Training
- Home and Personal Safety Training (Improvised weapon usage with everyday household objects)
- Firearm Safety, Handling and Education about the Laws Surrounding Firearms
The Top 3 Things You Should Know If Your Home Is Being Invaded by A.I.M.
1. Mental preparation: Become aware of your surroundings and get in a defensive mindset.
2. Implement Your Protection Strategy To Deal With The Threat: Move your family to the safe room (similar to a tornado drill – have a phone there and call 911 immediately)
3. Be Prepared to Engage The Threat: Hand to Hand Combat, Firearm or Improvised Weapons (hammer, sharpened pencil etc.)
Consequences of Thug Life Jan. 26, 2013 6:00pm
The Consequences of Thug Life: Be Brave or Be A Thug A Message to Young Black Men and those who Love Them Community Discussion
Saturday, January 26. 6:00 p.m. In collaboration with the Davis Bozeman Law Firm the Auburn Avenue Research Library will host The Consequences of Thug Life: Be Brave or Be A Thug, facilitated by renowned Civil Rights Attorney Mawuli Mel Davis. This community discussion will focus on empowering young men of color and their families with the knowledge and tools to cultivate values anchored by a strong sense of purpose to self and community that will improve not only their lives but the world in which they live.
The Davis Bozeman Law Firm has demonstrated a genuine concern and support for uplifting our community by providing:
- pro bono (free) legal services;
- “Know Your Legal Rights” Workshops; and
- financial support to programs and initiatives that educate and empower.
- Some examples of The Davis Bozeman Law Firm’s willingness to provide legal services to community members in need are provided below:
- Representation of garbage truck driver maced in the face by police and arrested while on route emptying garbage.
- Representation of four male high school students falsely accused of burglary as they walked through an apartment complex..
- Representation of advocates for the homeless arrested in City Hall Protest.
- Mawuli representing former City Councilman Derrick Boazman and other advocates for the homeless.
- Atlanta student, youth, and community organizers for the “Jena 6” protest.
- Provides monthly support for Kilombo Institute. (Home School Program)
- Sponsors Gresham Park Youth Baseball and Football Teams.
- Sponsor for Cedar Grove Middle Grove Step Team, Annual Malcolm X Festival, and Banquet.
- “Know Your Legal Rights “ program for Let Us Make Man Gathering attended by over 500 people, the Arthur Langford Leadership Institute and Eagle Leadership Academy at Benjamin E. Mays.
- Fatherhood graduation for ForeverFamily, Inc. in the Clayton County Transition Center for men being released from prison to rejoin their families.
- “If you can see it, You can be it” 3rd and 4th grade program to encourage children of color to become attorneys in conjunction with GABWA, GAAAA, Gate City Bar Association, and MIPC.